We invite lecturers from foreign partner universities and experts from research centres to give seminars for students and researchers. Seminars will be delivered within the teaching activities 1-3. They will cover the topics of economic integration of EU countries, the structure of energy markets, energy poverty and related policies. These issues show some common features across Europe but also specific characteristics at the country level. Therefore, a comparative analysis in the framework of European integration is of outmost importance.
Seminars will be held in English.
Teachers of the Chair will be hosted in partner universities for seminars on the research topic.
These seminars aim to complement the technical skills provided by the course with the perspective of energy policies and governance at the European level. Some relevant social and political issues of energy markets are presented along with empirical economic analyses of the impact of energy policies on energy consumption of households and industrial firms.
Topics of the seminars are:
- A carbon tax for EU member states: effects on manufacturing firms
- Energy prices and energy demand of households
- Energy demand elasticities of manufacturing firms
- Energy efficiency: policies at the EU level
- Main challenges of the global and European energy policies